Sunday, January 16, 2011

Snickerdoodles

These Snickerdoodles came from Better Home and Garden's Limited Edition "Celebrating the Promise" cookbook.  This, too, was a Christmas present from my parents a few years back.  Maybe they were trying to tell me something?

These are the ingredients I used.  The recipe called for 1/4 teaspoon of Cream of Tartar.  What in the world is Cream of Tartar?  I ignored this ingredient.  It sounds like Tartar Sauce, and I don't think that goes well with cookies.

I blended 1 stick of softened butter, 1 cup of sugar, 1 egg, 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla.

Then, I added 1 and 1/2 cups of all purpose flour and blended again.

Have I mentioned that I LOVE my mixer?  :)

The dough was a little thicker than normal cookie dough.  I refrigerated it for an hour.


I mixed together 2 Tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.  I rolled the dough into balls and covered them in this mixture.

 

I baked them on 375 degrees for 10 minutes. 

This was a great, easy, quick cookie to make.  The edges were crunchy, and the inside was warm and chewy.  I WILL be making these again.

Our football dinner consisted of raw carrots and celery, William's famous wings, and pizza!

Unfortunately, the Falcons didn't pull through a win.  Sad.

This was my first plate.  I snacked on a large handful of baby carrots before dinner.


Of course, I went back for more pizza and a couple more wings. :)  The wings may have been William's best ever!









No comments:

Post a Comment