Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day Three

Today is only the third day of posting my meals, and although it does take a little more planning and time in the morning to take pictures of breakfast and lunch, I have to admit, I am really liking it.  So far, this version of a food journal is serving the purpose of both accountability and consistency with keeping up with my blog.

Breakfast this morning was an English muffin, topped with 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter and half of a banana.  This is the perfect combination of sweet and salty.  Yum.


Lunch was a lean cuisine chicken and sundried tomato Panini.  I don’t really like the chicken on these, so I picked it off and stuffed the inside with fresh spinach.  It bulks up the Panini and gives me extra veggies.  I also had an orange.

For snack, I had 1/4 cup of home-made trail mix.  I stopped by Kroger, this morning, to get the ingredients.  I must warn you; this stuff is good.  Therefore, I have to measure!  Otherwise, I will eat the whole bag.  I made one gallon size bag and just measured out 1/4 cup in a sandwich bag for snack.  And then, of course, a little more!  I probably ended up with about 1/2 cup.  See what I mean!  :)

I used unsalted pretzels, unsalted peanuts, dried cranberries, and dark chocolate chunks.  I couldn’t find the dark chocolate morsels, so chunks will have to do.


We are eating dinner with William’s brother, sister-in-law, and our nephew tonight.  I will be sure to take a picture and post in the am.

Looking forward to some new recipes this weekend!  Get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment