Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day Two

Today's breakfast was "overnight oats."  I discovered this recipe at http://www.katheats.com/.   I tweaked the ingredients slightly.  Overnight oats are just as they sound.  Last night, I mixed 1/3 cup of uncooked Quaker Oats, 1/3 cup of skim milk, 1/3 cup of plain, non-fat yogurt, and a dash of cinnamon.  I covered the oats and let them sit in the refrigerator overnight. 

This morning, I topped my overnight oats with dried cranberries and Quaker Oatmeal Squares for a little crunch.  They were just okay.  Next time, I will be sure to have a banana on hand to mash in there. 


Lunch was the same as yesterday.  I had the other half of my can of tomato soup.  I also made another laughing cow, turkey and spinach sandwich on flat bread.

Snack was an orange and a string cheese which I devoured after the gym.  Sorry, no picture of the cheese.

This morning, I marinated our chicken in Stubb's chicken marinade.  This is a blend of sweet onion, citrus, and mustard seed.

We enjoyed a simple dinner of broccoli, sweet potato with cinnamon and splenda and a small boneless chicken breast.  It was delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment