Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 7: I made it!

Today was a day about me.  I had a holiday from work in celebration of Martin Luther King, Jr., and I decided to spend it doing whatever I wanted to do.

I could have gone to the gym this morning; I had plenty of time.  But, I wanted to lounge in my PJ's, drink coffee with William, and read a plethora of magazines that my Sissy brought for me last night.

I had an egg sandwich with low sugar jam for breakfast.

I showered late in the morning and headed out for some "me" time at Starbucks.  This 45 minutes or so included a non-fat cappuccino, a new Health magazine, and my journal.  Perfect!

My mom and I ran errands and ate lunch together this afternoon.  We went to Atlanta Bread Company.  I enjoyed a half salad and half sandwich.

The salad had tomatoes, dried cranberries, almonds, green apples, blue cheese, and red onions on a spring mix with balsamic dressing.  It was wonderful!  I love sweet and salty mixed.


My sandwich was turkey, brie cheese, lettuce, tomato, and berry jam on focacia bread.  Yum.

I didn't eat the side baguette. 



We shared a toffee chocolate chunk cookie.

William and I had plans to grill a steak for him and chicken for me, but the rain never let up.  We decided on a quick trip to Moe's, where I enjoyed a burrito junior, on a whole wheat tortilla.  My burrito was filled with chicken, lettuce, pico, salsa, black beans and guacamole.  It was just okay. 


Next up:  all that I learned from a 7 day picture food journal.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment