Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday

My mind, my energy, and my emotions are a little all over the place this Easter. As my friend Glennon (okay, not really my “friend” but I feel like she is) of Momastery says, life is brutiful these days. A little beautiful and a little brutal. But isn’t it always?

To me, this weekend is that in a nutshell. Today, Good Friday, is brutal; leading to Easter, which is beyond beautiful.

My shereadstruth devotion this week has been all about Holy Week and the story of Jesus’ trial, crucifixion, burial and resurrection. As I’ve read each morning, I’ve truly been in awe of the sacrifice that God made, watching his only son, his precious baby boy, die an agonizing death, to save me. Wow. Really? He loves me that much.

I think that’s what Easter is really about. A realization that we all need saving; we aren’t perfect. Actually, we are a little messed up. And thankfully, that’s okay. That’s what salvation is.  My devotion said it perfectly this morning.  When Jesus looked up from the cross in Matthew 27:46 and said, “It is finished,” that’s what I think he meant. Your salvation is complete, Eve. There is nothing you can do to bring you any closer to being saved; I’ve already done it all.  It is finished.  That is amazing to me - emotional, moving and amazing.

Easter, a day we CELEBRATE His Resurrection, is around the corner, and I’m excited! We will have a full weekend of family, church, Easter baskets, housework (one week to go!), and oysters. Yes, oysters!  We may not be spending this Easter in Beaufort, with a sunrise service on Hunting Island, like last year, but there will be oysters.




No comments:

Post a Comment