Friday, March 1, 2013

Easy Enchiladas

I love easy, delicious recipes. As I head out for Beaufort for the weekend, knowing my hubby will be surviving on frozen pizza and ham sandwiches, I am glad to be leaving him with some leftovers from our week’s meals. I’m sure the pizza and sandwiches will be gone when I get back, but at least he can also choose from spinach lasagna and these chicken enchiladas.

I made these exactly from eatliverun.com, one of my go-to websites for quick recipes that use simple ingredients I usually already have in my pantry.

Here’s what these called for. Plus chicken.


I boiled two large boneless chicken breasts, shredded the chicken and mixed it with ½ of a large can of enchilada sauce, 1 cup of a fiesta cheese blend, and green chilis.


I sauted one onion in garlic, and added it to the chicken mixture.


All together in a large bowl.


I filled flour tortillas with the mixture, placed them in a glass casserole dish, topped with the remaining enchilada sauce and another cup of cheese. They baked on 400 degrees for 10 minutes covered in tinfoil and for 10 minutes uncovered. 


I typically would have chosen whole wheat tortillas, but I knew William would enjoy these more and be much more likely to eat the leftovers, if I used flour tortillas. I was right.

I'm off to pack for another yoga weekend complete with a yoga rave party tonight!  I am so excited!  Get your glow sticks ready.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment