Thursday, February 28, 2013

What I Ate (Wednesday)

I’ve been reading healthy living blogs for a few years now and most of the girls I follow participate in a link-up called “What I Ate” on Wednesdays. (I haven't figured out exactly how to "link up," but I will try to before next Wednesday).  Some of you, I’m sure, could care less what anyone is eating. But, for me, this is one of my favorite posts they write, because I get healthy new meal and snack ideas, and I also get to see that even the most health-conscious moms and wives order pizza and drink wine. It’s all about the balance, right?

I thought I would give it a try. Here’s my Wednesday food journal.

Breakfast – Coffee with half and half. ¼ cup Quaker Rolled Oats, ¼ cup of Wills’ 2% milk (I usually use skim or almond milk, but I ran out yesterday), ¼ cup water, half of a banana mashed in, 1 T natural peanut butter, strawberries, and a few walnut pieces 


Snack – Larabar and Cutie plus more coffee at New Moon Café with my friend, Bethany, before picking Wills up from school 



Lunch – Veggie Chips and a Boar's Head Turkey and Cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread 



Snack – I shared a few cheese and crackers with William and enjoyed a glass of wine while we cooked dinner. 



Dinner – Boneless grilled chicken, home-made sweet potato fries with olive oil and sea salt, and a spring mix salad with dried cranberries, a little cheddar, and light poppy seed dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment