Tuesday, February 26, 2013

From Wills

Hi. It’s me, Wills. Mom is pretty busy today doing laundry, cooking dinner, and trying to memorize her sequences and postures for her second weekend of yoga teacher training. I thought I would take something off her plate and blog about what I’ve been up to lately.


Last weekend, I think I gave Mom, Dad, and Gammy a terrible stomach virus.  I didn’t feel too sick, other than going through A LOT of diapers and not having much of an appetite. Usually, I’m a pretty good eater. I don’t really like trying new things or new textures, but I will try to do better. Okay, mom? Don’t worry. Remember…you gave up worrying.

When I’m feeling well, I really like pancakes or oatmeal for breakfast, bananas, cuties, yogurt, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, goldfish, cheese, chicken nuggets, and macaroni and cheese. The only veggies mom can sneak in right now are in the squeeze pouch. I know I’m not a baby anymore, but I still really like these. If it’s in a pouch I will eat broccoli, peas, zucchini, sweet potatoes, corn, and spinach, and this makes my mom really happy.

Mom tries to give me dinners that look like this.  I usually try to give Finn my peas.  He really likes them.  Then I get in trouble.

  

I would rather have a cheese quesadilla, without a plate.  


Oh, and I love milk. I wake up every morning thinking about it and quickly go to the refrigerator door, point up, and tell Mom.

Being outside is still my favorite thing to do. Unfortunately, it’s been raining a lot here, so I just look out the window for birds or airplanes. Finn and I like to do that together. 


I’ve been golfing a lot lately. I’m learning so much by waving to all the golfers that go by and watching the golf channel with Dad (mom wishes we wouldn’t).




When it’s raining, she lets me practice in the mudroom.


I talk all the time. I think Mom and Dad are starting to understand me a little bit more. When they don’t, I just grab their hand and pull them along. Mom tries to get me to use my words, but sometimes I get frustrated.

Mom is trying to take more pictures of me, which is fine, because I have an awesome smile. She pulls out her phone or camera, and I give her a huge grin. And then she starts laughing. I don’t really know why. Do you?








Not that anyone cares, but Mom asked me to note these couple of things so she wouldn’t forget. I am a big boy at 17 months old. At my last doctor’s appointment I was 16 months old and weighed 29 lbs and was 34.5 inches long. I still wear size 5 diapers and 2 T clothes. I am in a size 7 shoe. I still take an afternoon nap, and Dad puts me to bed around 7 every night, after I tell Mom “night night,” of course. I wake up, calling for them, between 6:30 and 7 am. I’m a morning person, like my Mom. 

Last but not least, I really like my Papa. I talk about him all the time.

I guess I better go; Mom is calling for me to come clean up all of her measuring cups and spoons that I pulled out of the drawer.  She says she will see you soon.  Bye Bye.


No comments:

Post a Comment