Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Teacher Training Weekend 1

 
Wow…where to start. I’m not sure I can do justice on the weekend with words. I really don’t want to write too much about my yoga teacher training until the end; the training is a journey, and I want to respect that process. At the same time, I want to remember and reflect on my experience, thus far.

The weekend was in essence, POWERFUL. It was long, intense, a bit scary, and tiring, yet I left feeling exhilarated, alive, and with so much energy! Or was that all the City Java coffee we were drinking and loving? :)
 
In two days, I practiced hours of yoga, meditated, reflected in my journal, spoke authentically about myself to 53 other trainees, practiced teaching Integration and Sun Salutations, had a dance party, laughed a lot, drew closer to a few really amazing girls, drank wine, committed to letting go of worry, and left my favorite Beaufort feeling incredibly inspired and grateful for all that the weekend had to offer.

Here are a few points from our teachers, Shelley and Mark, which really landed with me:

Growth happens outside of our comfort zones.

Loving someone else means not giving up and fully supporting them WITHOUT expectations.

Become a possibility junkie!

The ONLY thing standing between me and what I really want from life (the goals I’ve set, the adventures I dream about, the mom and wife I want to be) is me. That’s it.

I can’t wait to see what the remaining seven weekends are all about. If this weekend was any indication, the possibilities are limitless and BIG. Now, I’m off to start my load of homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment