Thursday, March 21, 2013

Not Fruit Feast Day Three

I don’t think I should call yesterday a fruit feast. Instead, this will be more of a “What I ate Wednesday” post.

I sent a text last night to my yogi friend, Brook, that said something along the lines of my fruit feast was a flop. Then I decided to “live my yoga,” a concept they are teaching us in teacher training and stop assigning immediate meaning to everything. Instead, my fruit feast only seemed like a flop. Leaving it open and not declaring it to be such a failure, allows some sort of room to find a positive. There aren’t many, but in an effort to not completely deem it a disaster, here’s what I found.

Trying to eat only fruit, made me much more aware of what I was putting into my body, and as a result of trying to fill up, I ended up eating a pretty colorful variety of fruits and veggies. I guess that’s a good thing, right?

Breakfast started out really well. I had a chocolate shakeology with almond milk, bananas, and strawberries while I read my devotion. I decided, with Brook, to allow almond milk because it is non-dairy and somewhat necessary for me to enjoy my smoothies.



I was, again, pretty hungry mid-morning and had two tangerines.

Then lunch came and things seemed to go downhill. I went to Earth Fare in hopes to find something on the hot bar that was allowed.  Fruit, Hummus, Zucchini, Peppers, soup, anything satisfying? I was desperate. 

I left with a Holy Moly sandwich - not fruit - loaded with fresh guacamole, sprouts, tomatoes, and cucumbers. It was heavenly. Typically, I may not have savored a sandwich like this, but I was present to every. single. bite.  This is something I rarely do while eating, chasing Wills, and sending emails all at the same time. For the first time in a while, I slowed down, and really enjoyed my meal. A positive, maybe? 


Pause for the best part of my day…This precious angel wanted to hold his mommy’s hand all the way home from school, and he squeezed tight. Love him so! 


At this point, my fruit feast was over. Dinner came, and William made a pizza. It looked delicious, but in an effort not to make a complete mess of the last three days, I sautéed a bunch of veggies in olive oil, and then…

put them on tortilla chips. Finding the positive here? I’ve got nothing. 

  


I’m still trying to decide if this fruit feast is something I will try again before my teacher training is over. Needless to say, over the last three days, I loaded my body with fresh fruit, colorful vegetables, and a few grains. I feel great, energized, and excited about a Reeses Peanut Butter egg. Is it Easter yet?

I'm off to make macaroni and cheese for 40 people for a baby shower we are helping host Saturday night.  This  will be  seems challenging.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment