Thursday, March 7, 2013

Chicken Spaghetti

I love the Pioneer Woman. She’s so real, warm, and romantic. I love how she loves her Marlboro Man (especially in tight chaps), her beautiful children, and her not-so-normal ranch life. We could be best friends.

Two nights ago, I made her chicken spaghetti. Remember, William gave up red meat for lent. At first, I was looking for a recipe for traditional spaghetti that simply replaced the beef for chicken. Then I stumbled across this beauty. It’s far from traditional, super easy, and incredibly delicious. It’s the perfect meal to take to your best friend who has a new baby, across the street to share with your neighbor, or to serve to your supper club. Trust me, it’s that good.

Here’s what I used.


It was as simple as mixing it all together.  Yep, all of it.  (only 2 cups of the chicken broth and 2 cups of cheese.)

And then this happened. We ended up at the after-hours clinic with a sick little boy. Two hours later, we left with a double ear infection and our first antibiotic.


By the time we got home, we were starving. Neither William nor I wanted to wait an hour for chicken spaghetti to cook. We ended up sautéing a few veggies and chicken for a fajita salad, topped with avocado, salsa and greek yogurt, and called it a night.

That meant dinner was ready to go for last night. Score! I pulled it out of the fridge, baked it on 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Topped it with a little more cheese and baked another 10 minutes. 

  

It was delicious and so nice to come home and not have to prepare dinner. I felt like my best friend brought dinner over for me and my sick little family. Oh wait, she did, in a way. I knew the Pioneer Woman and I were best friends already. :)

I added a little sriracha to mine. Oh, and I used whole wheat noodles, and William couldn’t tell the difference. Now I’m going to snuggle my little boy and pray he feels better soon.










No comments:

Post a Comment