Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Yoga Rave

I had an opportunity to go to a rockin’ Yoga Rave Party Friday night. It was Dancing Dog Yoga’s 3rd Birthday, and my teacher and the studio owner, Shelley, put on the event. It was complete with an awesome DJ, glow sticks, face paint, neon yoga pants, colored lights, dancing, a yoga practice, and about 100 other yogis grooving and laughing the night away.

The party started at 8 pm and lasted until 10. I have to admit, after an early morning, day at work and driving to Beaufort, I was a little tired. But the other girls and I pulled it together, sang and danced (and may or may not have practiced a rolling Om) on the way there, and got really excited!







(This photo courtesy of Michael Gaster)


Needless to say we left the party full of vitality! We knew we had an early morning and a long weekend of teacher training, but sleep was nowhere in sight. After some chatting and a glass of wine, we retreated to our beds and tried to get some rest. The weekend ahead of us was nothing short of amazing, exhausting, and invigorating. I can’t wait to share more!

No comments:

Post a Comment