Thursday, May 2, 2013

Pea and Proscuitto Pasta

When the day seems overwhelming, massages are wonderful, but they always end too early, and they’re expensive. Yoga is incredible, healing, and does wonders for my mind and body, but each day I practice is different, and sometimes I can’t seem to get out of my head and stay present on my mat. Praying is beyond powerful and something I do every day, but it’s not always easy to hear God’s voice.

Sometimes, a girls’ night is exactly what I need. It’s what my soul craves.

William was out of town Tuesday night, and I invited Kristy and Danielle over for a glass of wine and dinner. There is something about my girlfriends that help me relax in a way a pedicure just can’t.

Owen, Parks and Wills played and danced, while Kristy, Danielle and I sipped on Chardonnay and chatted about everything from recipes, to new opportunities, our loving husbands :) (don’t girls always find a way to talk about boys?), weekend plans, worries, and life, in general. It wasn’t that the conversation was life-changing or really that significant, but the company and just being together, listening, sharing, and laughing was restorative and invigorating in a powerful way.



 For dinner, I made a dish I’ve been dreaming about in my head for a long time. Really, I’ve wanted to make this pasta for months now, but I knew it had to be the right opportunity – meaning William would have to be gone. There wouldn’t be enough “meat” or “sauce” for him. However, after tasting this, I may make it for him anyway. The flavors were so great together that I think he would enjoy it regardless of his mindset about needing more substance.

Here’s what I used.






I sautéed a little garlic in olive oil and then added the prosciutto, peas and mushrooms. I cooked it over medium heat for a few minutes and added fresh lemon juice, a little salt, and fresh ground pepper.

Then about 1/2 cup of half and half. 

Once the tagliatelle pasta was cooked, I added it to the skillet.


I served it with chopped fresh basil and shaved Parmesan cheese.

It was delicious, filling, and the perfect dish for a girls’ night. William will be home soon. Better get some meat cooking. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment