Thursday, May 23, 2013

Poppyseed Chicken with The girls

Wow!  I can't believe I haven't written in a week.  Sorry.  I guess I've been dreaming about this place and got a little distracted.  It's almost summer time for me!  Yay!


Some of my best girlfriends came over last night.  Samantha was in town from Birmingham to let Hardy meet his favorite aunts, minus a few. :)  Becky joined us from Sandersville, and Jenni and I made appetizers and dinner for the evening.

Earlier in the afternoon, I put together Poppyseed Chicken and waited, like a little girl on Christmas morning, for my girlfriends.  I was excited!

Here's what I used.


All mixed together.

And added to the boiled chicken breast.


For the top, I used 1/4 cup of melted butter and a sleeve of crushed Ritz.


Baked on 350 degrees for 45 minutes.


Ugh.  Pictures.  What is wrong with my phone?



We let Sam sit back and enjoy her wine while we enjoyed passing Hardy around.




Not to get too sappy, but I could not have asked for a better night!  A lot has changed for all of us, as it always does - jobs, moves, marriages, and now babies.  But, I am beyond thankful, that our friendships have stayed the same.  It was like we were sitting upstairs in the Hardy's upstairs loft, chatting about boys, baking cookies, and making our summer beach plans.  At one point last night, I couldn't figure out what I was trying to say in regards to our elementary school days; Sam knew.  Of course she did.  She always does.  Cheers to those kinds of friends.

On another note, what do you do the next day after too much wine and a creamy casserole?

Make a fresh salad for lunch.


And drink a shake, asap.

Feeling amazing already. Now, if I could just get to my yoga studio. :)


By the way, someone was extra chipper and silly this morning.  He must know his daddy is coming home tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment