Friday, May 3, 2013

"What I ate Wednesday"

Maybe I should call this “What I ate three days ago”, since I seem to always be late on this post. 

Breakfast was a chocolate shakeology with ¾ cup of almond milk, ½ cup of water, ½ banana and a few frozen strawberries.  

About mid-morning I drank my coffee and had a kashi granola bar.

Lunch was a fig, prosciutto and arugula pizza on a whole wheat pita pocket. Yum! 






Wills and I shared a few green bean chips as a snack.
 
 
 


If you’ve ever read The Pioneer Woman, you know that Ree divides her cookbook and her website into “Cowboy” and “Cowgirl” food. If Tuesday night was a “Cowgirl” dinner, I followed it up with the definition of a “Cowboy” meal. 

William has been out of town, eating on the road, and I wanted to make sure I made something for dinner that I knew he would especially like. I put a boston butt in the crock pot Wednesday morning, seasoned with pepper and garlic salt. 

We also had corn on the cob. And as processed as this is, a box of mac and cheese.  

 
Does it get any more “cowyboy” than that? Let me just say, I did not buy this! William came home with it from Publix one day, and I guess that meant he wanted me to make it at some point. So, I did. Tonight. Don’t judge. It was good. And cheesy. I knew I had that super food, veggie loaded shake for breakfast for a good reason? I think it cancels out this mac and cheese. Right? :)

And then just to make sure I did the “Cowboy” meal right, I mean all the way, I ended the night with some Mint Chocolate Chip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment