Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Reset Day One

Day One is in the bag.  Today was a pretty easy day for me, until my sister and Wills starting eating brownies and ice cream.  Overall, I felt great.  I did miss my morning coffee and a glass of wine in this gorgeous weather.  But, I keep telling myself it's only 21 days; I will take it one day at a time, and adjust when needed.

The ultimate reset is a 21 day total body reset to get us healthy on the inside.  It's goal is to remove toxins, chemical additives, preservatives and pesticides and teach us to eat in a way that is renewing and helpful to the functions of our bodies.

It is described as "a no-starvation, multifaceted, life-changing, cutting-edge, this-is-the-real-deal, inner-body tune-up."

I love how my yogi friend Becca calls it such a "gift" to your body.

Breakfast was two eggs scrambled in EVOO, sauteed spinach, and one piece of whole grain toast.


Lunch was a huge salad of baby mixed greens, cucumber, tomato, red pepper strips, shredded carrots, sprouts, and toasted pumpkin seeds.  Plus a delicious, home-made vinaigrette dressing.  


Mid-afternoon, I snacked on an apple and almond butter.

Dinner was amazing and filling.  Salmon in a marinade of fresh herbs, EVOO, garlic and lemon juice, steamed asparagus, and boiled new potatoes.


I am most excited about learning new recipes, using new ingredients, and hopefully, feeding my family this way in the long run.  Although, William will be a challenge as I bought him salt and vinegar chips, yesterday.  Oh well.  I will say, he has made a lot of changes in his diet since marrying me...switching to whole wheat bread, eating a lot of sweet potatoes over white potatoes, drinking more water, and limiting his red meat intake from every other day to once or twice a week.  Baby steps. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment