Thursday, April 18, 2013

"What I ate Wednesday"

I started the day with a Chobani Greek yogurt and Kashi bar. I was running late and this was easy to grab as I was walking out of the door.


Lunch was this salad that I am absolutely obsessed with. Seriously, I could eat it every.single.day. It’s what I had on my night alone in Beaufort and again throughout the week. It’s that good, and I can’t get enough. Susie introduced it to us at our Easter oyster roast. The combination of sweet and salty flavors is incredible. If you’re tired of boring lettuce, tomato, and cucumber and need a new idea to jazz up your salad, I highly recommend making this. Like, now.

I used a spring mix lettuce base, red onion, smoked almonds, blue cheese crumbles, strawberries, and pita chips.


This dressing is a necessity to bring all of it together.


Chocolate Shakeology for snack mixed with almond milk, peanut butter, and a banana. So good and so many super-foods in one punch.



Dinner was a simple chicken and broccoli casserole. I ended up running low on broccoli and had a few zucchini in the fridge that needed to be eaten before we head to Beaufort this weekend. I was a little wary and even called my mom to see what she thought. In the end, they’re both green, we love zucchini, and an extra serving of veggies sounded like a good idea, so I went for it. It ended up tasting the same! I don’t think I will make a habit of it, just because William wasn’t so sure of the idea. I will just buy more broccoli, but to avoid wasting my zucchini and coming up short on veggies, it worked! I’ve learned that being adventurous in the kitchen, willing to try something new, and possibly have it flop, is the only and best way to learn to cook. 


Wills’ dinner looked similar to ours. He didn’t like it very much, and kept asking for a “bah” meaning a kids organic cliff bar, but we are working on him eating what we eat and hopefully straying away from having a picky little boy. I offered his plate again a little later and had a little more success.


My mom sent me this text late last night: “Fresh redfish for dinner Saturday night. Woohoo!” My dad must have had a successful fishing trip! Yay for us!


William, Wills, and I can’t wait to be there with these four! Land's End, here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment