Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Feta and Tomato Italian Stuffed Chicken

The first comment from William, when he walked through the door last night, was “Wow, what smells so good?”

One point for me! Yay!

Seriously, the smell coming from the oven seeped into the entire house, making it smell as if I had transformed my home into a small, romantic café in the countryside of Tuscany. So I poured a glass of wine, and pretended I had.

You’ve heard me talk about Jenna at Eatliverun. She is my hero when it comes to simple, delicious meals, blogging, and yoga inspiration. This recipe is adapted from her website.

All you need is three ingredients, plus salt and pepper. That’s right - three ingredients! I could hardly believe it.

I simmered the tomatoes for about 10 minutes to remove the excess liquid and warm it enough to mix in the feta cheese.


All mixed together.


I cut a deep pocket in these large chicken breasts and stuffed them with the feta cheese and tomato mixture.


I salt and peppered the chicken breasts and cooked them in the oven on 400 degrees for about an hour.


Served alongside a mixed green salad.


Smells and tastes like a night in Italy over here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment