Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Soaking it Up

I saw this on Shay’s (Bachelor Shawn’s sister) blog, Mix and Match Mama, last night, and it really resonated with me. William has had a few late nights at work, and instead of dwelling on the fact that I have been home by myself in the evenings, I have really tried to soak up every second with Wills. He is growing up so fast.


Just for me…At his 18 month appointment Wills was 29.3 lbs and 35 inches tall. He is putting together two words and is obsessed with trucks – dump trucks, fire trucks, fuel trucks, mail trucks, tractors, big trucks – he knows them all and repeats them constantly. He says please and thank you. He can count to 14….but skips three and four. We are working on this. He also sings “Wagon Wheel” saying “Heeeeyyyyyy, mama rock me.” He LOVES music videos and will sit and watch the entire video while dancing and playing the drums. He still loves to play the “tar” (guitar) with daddy. We read “Twas the Night Before Christmas” almost every night. I know; I know. I try to suggest another book, but he only wants “Santa.” He’s still a great sleeper and takes a 2-3 hour afternoon nap. I love this age!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that he sings Wagon Wheel. James LOVES singing it, too. That and "Hide 'Yo Crazy" (Miranda Lambert) but I'm hoping he only sings that at home. Ha!

    ReplyDelete