Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday Lasagna

Remember my best friend, Ree?  :)  Well, she came through BIG, again.

We had my family over for lunch after church, and I made her lasagna this morning from her first book The Pioneer Woman Cooks.  The garlic, sausage, fresh herbs, and cheeses weren't too appetizing at 6:30 am, with my coffee in hand, but they certainly came together and made for a delicious family lunch, ready and waiting.

I browned ground beef and hot sausage in garlic.


After pouring off the grease, I added two cans of whole tomatoes and one can of tomato paste, plus salt and pepper....but not enough salt.  It needed more.  :(


I let it simmer while I prepared the rest of the ingredients.


I chopped fresh basil and parsley which reminded me that I want to plant my own herbs asap!



I added half of the herbs to the meat sauce.


Two eggs, three cups of cottage cheese, and Parmesan cheese. 


And the other half of the herbs.

Then I began to layer the lasagna starting with the noodles.


The clock was ticking closer towards church time, and I started rushing.  So, this is my last picture.  I finished layering the lasagna, and put it in the fridge to pop into the oven after church.

It baked on 350 degrees for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly.  Thanks, Ree!  You're my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment