Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Not the best start

Today started off unlike any other day for me.  I woke up at 6:50!  I am never late.  I'm the girl that is at school before the janitors even open the building.  I love my mornings.  I love not having to rush around to make copies, plan lessons, drink coffee, read my devotion, check my favorite food blogs.  I don't know what happened, but I definitely panicked.  Needless to say, I didn't shower, didn't brew coffee, didn't let Finn out, didn't kiss my husband good-bye.  I just knew it would set the pace for the rest of the day.  Horrible.  Hectic.  And Frustrating. 

I was wrong.

I had one of the best days with my students, yet.  I learned from them.  We went to the library to check out Non-Fiction books to read during our Expository Unit.  Most of my kids are innovative, creative, and have imaginations that would impress Walt Disney.  They love fantasy stories.  I've dreaded this unit of study with them.  However, after today, I believe all of our perspectives have changed.  They didn't check out skinny books on cats or Michael Jordan.  They returned to the classroom with texts about survival stories in the mountains, memoirs of doctors in Iraq, books about cooking, ballet, and rock n roll.  They want to read about the Holocaust, hereditary diseases, and the history of Google.  I am pumped!  I am so impressed by their enthusiasm.  Today, they inspired me.  Tomorrow, I will have a better attitude, thanks to all my 12-year olds. 

On a side note, Sex and the City makes me happy.  I love that my husband watches it, with me, over and over.  Carrie is "looking for real love, ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't live without each other love."  I'm so thankful that I found this. 

I'm still getting used to taking my camera around.  I did make my mom's home-made mac and cheese tonight.  I used to think this dish was a phenomena.  I didn't know how in the world this was created by any normal human being.  My mom is not normal; she is amazing.  Not to take anything away from her, or her mac and cheese, but it's not so impossible.  I can actually do it.  This is about my third attempt, and I must say, it's pretty good.  At least William enjoyed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment