Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"Are you really taking a picture of green onions?"

"Yes, honey.  I am."

This was my response to William's question in the kitchen.  I've been blogging and taking pictures for a little over a week now and loving every minute of it.  William, I'm not so sure.

But, he did love the Shrimp Scampi I made tonight.  This was my first time making this dish, and I promise, it is so easy and delicious.  I couldn't believe it.  The recipe is adapted from Southernfood.com.

The shrimp are peeled, deveined, and ready to cook.  This is the hardest part.  But with a glass of wine and the Eagles playing in the background, it will be over before you know it.  These shrimp were caught during shrimping season last year.
 These are the only ingredients needed.
 I didn't follow any of the measurements, because I wasn't sure how many pounds of shrimp I had. 

Simply melt the butter over medium heat.  Add the garlic and cook for a minute or so.  Then add the shrimp, green onions, fresh lemon juice, and wine.  Cook for 2-3 minutes until the shrimp are pink.  Finish it off with salt, pepper, and parsley.  I served it over whole wheat noodles.  That's it!  It is such a cinch!

The finished product was delicious and so flavorful.  I will definitely be cooking this again!


I'm super excited about cooking chili, building a fire, and our pumpkin carving competition tomorrow night!  I've been secretly sketching my plan of design.  You're going down, William! 

No comments:

Post a Comment