Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Two

What a birthday!  Actually more like a birth "week."  We celebrated, celebrated, and celebrated some more.

I probably went a little overboard, but I get it honestly.  My mom always made a huge deal over birthdays and holidays, and I wouldn't trade those memories for anything.  We had such a great time as kids and always felt incredibly loved!  I want the same for Wills.

We kicked off the week with a trip to the zoo, just the three of us.



Wills was enamored by the big animals and the aquarium.


We rode the carousel and enjoyed a picnic lunch.



Wills took cupcakes to share with his Mother's Day Out class on his actual birthday.




After "school," we had a Mellow Mushroom birthday lunch with Aunt Sissy and Uncle Tony.


They gave him a super cute shirt for baby Maddi's birthday along with a plethora of adorable fall clothes.


That evening, William, Wills and I went and ate his only request, "cheese dip," and had birthday cake afterwards.


He opened his gifts.  His favorite being a guitar "like Daddy."


Sunday was all about pirate fun!

He insisted on a party favor early in the morning.  Only on your birthday do you get a cookie for breakfast.


Invitations designed by "Better Living by Giving" and my friend Linda Moto. 


It was a gorgeous afternoon for a party!



His nanny, Maddie, made the perfect sign to match his invitation.


We had a pirate spread including a Treasure Map (Veggie Pizza), Pirate Gold (Cheese Puffs), Pirate Jewels (Fruit Bowl), Cannon Balls (Oreo Balls), Peg Legs (Pigs-in-Blanket), Shark Bait (Chicken Wings), Seaweed Wraps (Deli Wraps), and lots of Pirate Ale!




The kids enjoyed dressing up as little pirates with eye patches, bandannas, gold earrings and necklaces, tattoos, mustaches, and pirate swords.









Wills was all smiles the entire time. 


He had lots of help opening up dump trucks, books, cars, puzzles, and more.  Big thanks to everyone!





A pirate cake for a little pirate.




Party favors.




The original four.  Love them more than words.



I can’t believe my little boy's two year old birthday has come and gone.  It feels like not too long ago William and I were holding him in our arms, warming his bottles, and reading him books.  Two fast years later, he barely lets me hold him, insists on using his own spoon, and reads to us.  He is the perfect balance of sweet and mischievous, careful and independent, and content but confident in what he wants.  I can't imagine my life without him...his hugs, snuggles, "I love you's," Eskimo kisses, and more.  It's impossible to have a bad day when he's with me; he makes every stressful moment seem a little lighter.  I love you to pieces, Wills.  I am so proud of you, and I am forever thankful to be your mom.  Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment