Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A few days away

Wills and I headed to the beach for a few days this week.  But not before I met this sweet little girl, Lucy Rose.  She was perfect; I'm quite fond of her mommy, too.


My dad went shrimping last night and for some reason my mom and I tried to grill.  It was quite a hilarious experience.  We ended up dropping one of our burgers between the grill slats and onto the coals.  I don't have any pictures to document the mess we made, but it's probably for the best. :)

The few shrimp my dad caught in the sound were perfect for a gourmet breakfast of shrimp and sausage grits.


Wills loved eating his oatmeal on the front porch.


It was a beautiful, windy day spent outside on the dock, visiting the horses, riding the golf cart...


and reading, of course!

I am falling in love with the characters in this book.  I am going to be sad to turn the last page. 


I'm in charge of dinner tonight.  Corn chowder and salad are on the menu.  My dad's in charge of a fire.  My mom is handling the wine.  And Wills will be roasting the marshmallows.

No comments:

Post a Comment