Sunday, October 27, 2013

Soup and Salad

Warm fires and hearty soups are meant to be together.  They're better that way.  

Wills helped my dad build a fire while I chopped veggies and prepped the soup and salad dinner I planned for my parents.  



I'm getting used to the fact that dirty hands and little boys are also meant to be together.



I used The Pioneer Woman's (are you surprised?) corn chowder recipe as my dinner inspiration.  I cut the corn off of the cob.


Chopped a red, orange and yellow bell pepper.


Wills wanted in on the cooking action.




I cooked a small chopped onion and three slices of bacon in a 1/2 stick of butter.


Added the bell peppers.
The corn.


3 cups of chicken stock, 2 cups of half and half, and pepper jack cheese.  (A lighter version could easily be made with milk, which I plan to do, asap!)


Topped with green onions and served in a crusty bread bowl with a leafy green salad.


Perfectly warm, creamy, and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment