Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday Thoughts

I shared parts of this poem with my Wednesday yoga class, and then we headed to my house for meditation, girl chatting, and sharing our thoughts from a book we are reading together: The Woman's Book of Courage.   
It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive.

I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own; if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, be realistic, remember the limitations of being human.

I want to know if you can see Beauty even when it is not pretty every day. And if you can source your own life from its presence.

I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand at the edge of the lake and shout to the silver of the full moon, 'Yes.' 


~Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Cheers to Friday night. Girl friends. True Love.  Simplicity.  Dark Chocolate.  And Joy.  Always Joy.


See you next week.  From this front porch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment