Thursday, September 12, 2013

What I ate Wednesday

My mom came over and drank coffee with me this morning.  I love this time with her!  We talked about baby showers, Wills' birthday party, beach plans, and such.

I snacked on homemade granola bars for breakfast.  I saved my apple for a mid-morning snack.


Lunch was a grilled gouda, avocado, and tomato sandwich on Ezekial sprouted bread.  Sorry; I forgot to take a picture. 

My favorite afternoon snack!  There is NOTHING like Shakeology to push me through that afternoon slump when I feel a power nap is necessary.  


I added chia seeds for an extra punch.   


Perfect.

I've been excited to make this salmon dish for a while now.  Our friend, Suzie, prepared it for a large group of us in Beaufort, and I haven't been able to get it out of my mind since then.  After bedtime for my Wills, I called her for the recipe, gathered my ingredients, and escaped for some me time in the kitchen.


I improvised with the amounts, since I was only preparing one piece of Wild Salmon instead of the massive amount they prepared for all of us.   Suzie says you can use this marinade on anything.  The good news, other than the fresh ginger, I had all of the ingredients already.  Score!

I melted all of the above ingredients together in a sauce pan. 


Marinated the salmon for 45 min to an hour.  The longer the better.


And then baked it on 425 degrees for about 20 minutes alongside zucchini and sweet potato fries.


I cooked it a little long, but it was still the flavors I've been daydreaming about for weeks.  Sweet and a little spicy.  Thanks, Suzie, for sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment