Friday, January 13, 2012

Ringing in 2012 at Land's End

We were so excited to spend New Year's in Beaufort!  There's no better place to relax, reflect and think about goals for a new year.  I've said it before, but it's something about the salt air that always gets me thinking (more on those reflections later.) 

William, Wills, Finn and I headed out Thursday afternoon.  William and I had a great evening spending time together after the sweet baby went to bed.  We built a fire, drank a nice bottle of red wine we've been saving, cooked dirty shrimp, and listened to some beach tunes. 

We welcomed our great friends, the Brigham's, on Friday and spent the rest of the weekend relaxing in our favorite place!



Owen was so sweet and read many of her favorite "beach" books to Wills.  That's what she calls all of the children's books my mom has at the beach...her beach books.
The big boys played golf on Saturday while Kristy, Owen, Wills and I spent some time on the beach.  It was such a beautiful day and so nice to be outside.


I let Wills put his toes in the sand because sometimes it's exactly what we need.  :)




It was a great weekend, spent with the best of friends, in a perfect place!  Cheers to many more moments like these in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment