Wednesday, October 19, 2011

He's making a list...

Don't get me wrong...October is a great month.  It's actually my second favorite, if there is such a thing.  I love the crisp air, pumpkin spice lattes, college football, Halloween chili with the Brighams, red wine on the back deck with my hubby, fresh shrimp from Land's End, scarves and boots, and the memories of this time of year in Athens.  (On a side note, there will be a pumpkin carving re-match this year.  Forget about last year.  You're going down, William.)  October is a close second...but, I have to admit, it is second. 

For me, there is nothing like the time of year where the air is full of joy; parties are festive; carols are playing in every store; cookies are baking; Home Alone is on tv; trees are lit; families are together; people all around the world are celebrating the birth of Jesus.  I love December!  And yes, it is early and thanks to my dad's wisdom I'm "not wishing away time", but yesterday I realized that Christmas is not too far away. 

Thankfully, yesterday morning I was able to get out of the house for an hour or so and get my hair cut.  Dede came to take care of Wills.  Thank you, Dede!

After having my hair shampooed, I looked around, waiting for Sarah, and could not believe my eyes! 

It was SANTA!  He is about to get super busy at the North Pole and knew he needed to freshen up before the holidays.  He flew all the way from the North Pole to DJ & Company to have his hair cut and beard trimmed.  Mrs. Claus was having a massage upstairs; the elves, he explained, were at a last minute toy conference, and the reindeer were in a flight refresher course.  This was his last chance to sneak away for a day and relax in the salon. 

I was so excited to see him that I knew I must get a picture.  At first, I tried to be discrete.

Check out the red socks.

Then I gave in and just asked him.  Of course he agreed to a picture.  I introduced myself and told him about Wills.  He said he couldn't wait to meet him and visit our home for years to come.  :)

Before leaving, he called out, "Merry Christmas, Eve...Don't worry, you're on the nice list."  :)

"Merry Christmas, Santa," I said. 

I'm 27 years old, and yesterday, I was giddy to see Santa.  Thank you, Mom and Dad, for teaching us to "believe."   You made Christmas special for two little girls for so many years.  Those memories and traditions never go away.  I'm thankful for that and excited to share them with my little boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment