Saturday, October 8, 2011

Back to the Kitchen

My dad tells a funny story about one of his memories of my mom's pregnancy.  He says she was not a good pregnant woman.  She hated it!  By the time my sister's due date was here, she was so ready to have her that she was making both of them miserable.  My dad says that she felt so great after giving birth, that the day she came home from the hospital she was in the kitchen baking cookies.  He couldn't believe it.

I am thankful that I didn't have a miserable pregnancy.  In fact, I only had a few moments where I was extremely uncomfortable and wishing for the end.  Since giving birth, like my mom, I have felt great!  So, this morning I decided that I would try a new recipe.

Since my strawberry loving husband has been out of town, I knew the fruit was going to spoil if I didn't find a use for it.  I pulled out my Tee Time cookbook (second time around) and found a recipe for strawberry bread.  I decided to try it out but make muffins instead.

Of course right when I decided to get started the camera battery died.  I only had a window of time before the little boy woke up, so I had to go ahead with the baking.  I used my phone for the pictures.  The quality of the pictures is pretty terrible.  :(

I gathered the ingredients.

I mixed the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and sugar together.

I added 4 eggs, oil and the strawberries to the mix.
 Because I used fresh strawberries instead of frozen, my mom explained to me that I could add a Tablespoon or two of sugar to them to help make a little juice.

I baked them on 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

I enjoyed one with my morning cup of coffee, which I have thoroughly missed for the past 9 months!  So thankful for these simple things in life!

After enjoying a muffin...or two, I decided it was time for one of these.


No comments:

Post a Comment