Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekend Fun

It's not Land's End (we will be there soon!)...but, if you spread out some newspaper, top it with crabs that were swimming less than three days ago, break out the wine, cheese and crackers, and play a little Van Morrison in the background, you can pretend.  That's what William, Wills, Finn and I did last week. 

Gammy and Papa sent the crabs, William and I picked them, Wills supervised, and the night ended with delicious crab cakes!  It was the perfect quiet evening we needed leading up to a weekend full of wedding festivities. 


Dallas and Emily are married!  The entire weekend was beautiful!  William and I were so honored to be a part of the day.  We couldn't have done it with out the help of our family and our sweet, cooperative little boy.  He did great being away from us for so long. 

My favorites of the weekend: seeing my friend, Emily, so happy, dancing the night away with my husband (we love dancing at weddings, and it had been so long; I don't think we left the dance floor), Krystal burgers delivered at the reception at 10 pm, and kissing on my little boy's sweet, chubby cheeks when it was all over.
I had a great time Friday and Saturday night but really missed Wills and was ready to be home. :)

Celebrating with William's life-long friends and now some of my closest friends was so much fun for both of us!  I wish I had more pictures from the weekend. :(


We had a limo ride from the Partridge Inn Penthouse to First Baptist!  Thanks, Emily!


William and I were proud and excited to see this in the program.  William changed his name to Senior when Junior was born.  :)

I forgot to mention that at Wills' two week doctor's appointment he weighed 9 lbs and was 22 inches long.  He is in the 75th percentile for his weight and the 90th percentile for his height.  Big surprise, right?  This boy is LONG!

I can't believe he will be a month old tomorrow!  Time, please slow down a little. 

1 comment:

  1. Eve!!! I'm thoroughly enjoying reading these blogs! This one especially brought a tear to my eyes. The pictures are great and your words even better! Dallas and I are blessed to have you and your family in our lives and you helped make our wedding day extra special! Let's get together very soon....I need to wrap my arms around that precious boy. (and give you and Bill a gigantic hug too!)
    Emily Williams ;)

    ReplyDelete