Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Don’t worry; I didn’t forget about Thanksgiving. It’s just that when the weather turns cold, white lights start going up around the neighborhood, and stores begin softly playing “Baby it’s cold outside,” I can’t help but get excited about the December Holiday, that I’m not mentioning today.

Why? Because it’s Thanksgiving! And I have SO much to be thankful for, including these two loves of my life!


I can’t even begin to list the blessings that surround my family. I try to talk a lot about gratitude around here. When we stop to notice our blessings (something my dad taught me to do) we become so full of JOY that we are able to regain perspective and not “sweat the small stuff.”

This Thanksgiving week, I am especially thankful for her.


Welcome to the world, Madelyn Davis. I am beyond excited to be your Aunt Evie, and I couldn’t be prouder of your mom and dad. We have so much to do together, sweet girl. I can’t wait to have sleepovers and bake cookies, watch your ballet recitals, read Anne of Green Gables and Little House on the Prairie together, tell secrets about boys, play dress up in sparkles and high heels, watch Little Mermaid, write letters back and forth as pen-pals, and be the very best of friends.

But for now, I just want to hold you and stare at you and thank God for this new life and blessing to our family. We have plenty of time to get to know each other, Maddi. Happy Thanksgiving.




No comments:

Post a Comment