Friday, December 27, 2013

The Christmas Season

I took a deep breath this holiday season and decided that I wouldn't try to document every Christmas carol Wills learned to sing, take a picture of all 5 stages of Gingerbread house decorating (I didn't even take one), or write about the few times I baked Christmas goodies.

This holiday season, I just wanted to be.  I wanted to be with my little boy, our family, unplugged from my computer that I spend hours working on every day.  I wanted to soak up the moment with my eyes on Wills, not behind my i-phone or computer screen.

Now that it's all over, I do have a few pictures and memories to share.  The pictures aren't perfect, details are missing, but love is there.  And more importantly, I was there.  With my boys.  I wasn't worried about writing it all down or missing a photo opportunity; I truly cherished the time away from my computer and the sound of the clicking keyboard.

By far, Wills' favorite thing this year was his nativity scene.  He learned all about Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus, knew what each wise man brought, and the animals, shepherds, and angels that were all there in Bethlehem.  He played with this nativity, and a "Little People" version for hours upon hours.  He stacked, sorted, and lined them up, and they may or may not have taken a few rides in his jeep. :)


Although he knew not to play with Mommy's manger scene, I did walk in the foyer one day and find this. 



He helped Daddy with the lights on the tree.



We decorated it the next morning.



I was able to spend a lot of time with this little Christmas baby.


We continued our "Night on the Town" tradition in Beaufort.




Santa was not a hit this year.  Oh well..


I love Beaufort's festive crowd, lights, and music, that always get us in the Christmas spirit.


Dinner at Paninis.  The tradition continues.


We hosted a fun Christmas party with friends.





Wills spent the evening making Christmas cookies with Gaga.



Jack, the elf, spent Christmas at our house and reported to Santa on Wills' behavior.  Naming him was quite the ordeal.


After fighting off an ear infection and missing his Mother's Day Out Christmas party, he was well enough for his last day and the pajama party.  He was so excited to see his friends one last time before next year.



Having the chimney swept was on the top of my Christmas list.  An indoor fire was the perfect addition to our cozy Christmas nights.


Christmas Eve church.


Wills opened his new Christmas pajamas, from my parents, on Christmas Eve.


We read The Christmas Story, Twas the Night Before Christmas, and The Polar Express while having chocolate milk and a bedtime snack.  Then it was time for Santa!


He came, emptied his sack, and was on his way!


Christmas Day! (The only picture I took.  We recorded Christmas morning, but that's it.  I am really hoping my Dad and Dede have a few to share.)


Look at this precious girl!

The day after Christmas, we stayed in our pajamas until 4 pm.  It was glorious.


Seeing this special season, through the eyes of my little boy, made it, by far, "the most wonderful time of the year." We are truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment