Monday, December 30, 2013

Growing Up

Too many changes at once are making me a bit of a mess.  Time seems to be flying these days, Christmas came faster than ever, and my two year old baby is growing and changing into a little boy every day.

It started with our move into the "big boy bed."  We bought a mesh railing, placed one side of his bed against the wall, and started talking to Wills about sleeping in a "big boy bed."

His first night was flawless.  We followed our same bedtime routine, put him to bed, turned on the monitor, and watched.

I started to slightly panic a few minutes later when I realized his bed was empty.


No worries; he just needed a book. :)


The next night his crib came down, and the rest is history.

Then came the haircut.  William insisted that the curly mullet had to go.  I held off for as long as possible and then sent him upstairs with his dad for his first haircut.  I couldn't watch.  William promised he wouldn't cut anything but the few back pieces that fell below his shoulders.

Much better.


I did save a curl for his baby book.


Last but not least, we have started transitioning into big boy underwear.  We aren't making much progress, and I am doing a lot more laundry, but we are trying.


The truth is, I don't mind the mess or the laundry because "one day soon that little boy is gonna be all grown up and gone. This phase is gonna fly by. She's trying to hold on; it won't be like this for long."

No comments:

Post a Comment