Tuesday, November 5, 2013

In a rut...

We've been in a vegetable rut around here.  I rotate spinach and romaine salads, sauteed or grilled asparagus and zucchini, and steamed broccoli.

This week I'm changing it up!  It's all about variety.

I started with Brussels Sprouts.  Go big or go home, right?  William immediately turned his nose up.


I wasn't sure exactly what to do with them.  But, I chopped the little stem off the end, cut them in half, and placed them on a roasting pan.  Topped with olive oil, sea salt, and aged balsamic vinegar. 


I roasted them on 425 degrees for 15 minutes. 


I was surprised with how good they were!  Crispy and caramelized. Excited to have a new vegetable in the rotation.  

Up next....eggplant, butternut squash, and cabbage.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment