Monday, November 18, 2013

A New Week

Simply put, I'm sitting in the quiet of the yoga studio feeling thankful.  As I prepare for my morning class, my mind is inundated with gratitude for the little things.  Maybe it's the coffee...or more like the red Christmas cup that makes me giddy?  Maybe the moment to myself, or the gorgeous lure of the morning that has my mind calmed?  

This article from Elephant Journal is still on my mind and seems to disclose my heart, exactly.

At the beginning of the week, she thinks it is a long time before the next weekend, then all of a sudden it is Wednesday and then it is Friday and five minutes ago she was in high school. There are friends and there is yoga, a family dinner—a week passes, then one more and this is a life, she thinks.

This is her life.

There is the novel that she still wants to write: she scribbles down ideas and character notes, but she can’t seem to sit still long enough. There is the wandering she would do, except that wandering costs more money than she has. But she has postcards and dreams and she is happy.
~Bronwyn Petry

She is happy.  Because it's not about grandeur or monumental moments or life-changing experiences.  It's these things that make her smile...

Love letters
Smiling at strangers
Hallmark movies and hot chocolate
Going home
The charm of an old bookstore
Curiosity
Beautiful new life in Lucy, Griggs, Maris,and Maddi on the way
White Christmas lights
John Mayer's voice
The smell of salt air
Yoga pants
Life chats
A spontaneous slow dance while dinner cooks.
This boy and his best friend.


Enjoy your Monday.  Listen to the leaves crunch under your feet.  Be still.  And then find something simple to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment