Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Veggie Loaded Appetizer

This recipe is so versatile; I just love it!

Try it as a festive holiday appetizer, a fun kid friendly dinner, or a relaxing vegetarian and wine kind of night for one (which is what I chose last week while William was traveling.)

The recipe came from Celebrate Magazine's Christmas edition.  I tweaked it a little based on the ingredients I had.


Here's what I used.


I sauteed all of the veggies in garlic and olive oil.


Mixed together pesto and hummus - the recipe calls for garlic hummus, but roasted red pepper worked just fine.  I spread it over the rolled out crescent rolls.


Topped with veggies and rolled up.  Here's a tip...after rolling up, place the cookie sheet in the freezer for a few minutes.  This makes it easier to slice and stay together.


I added extra veggies, making them harder to roll and not the prettiest.  I wasn't really going for looks here. :)

Baked on 350 degrees for about 18 to 20 minutes.


So delicious!  And great as left overs, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment