Tuesday, July 2, 2013

What I'm loving this summer...

I have focused on being present and enjoying each moment of my summer, rather than writing about it.  I hope you understand.  However, when too much time goes by I start to miss this little space where I can share about my family, my food, and what inspires me.

Here's what I've been loving over the past few weeks...

These Curls.  William is on me to get Wills a haircut.  However, I am VERY adamant that this will not be happening any time soon.  I love his curls, and I am fearful that once we cut them, they will be gone forever.


Kale Salad.  This refreshing, citrus salad is perfect after splurging for a week on vacation or following a hot yoga class when your body needs something light.  The recipe is inspired from Eatliverun and is simply kale, oranges, avocado and almonds.  For the dressing, I used the juice from 1/2 of an orange and added a tsp of extra virgin olive oil, Himalayan sea salt, and a small pinch of freshly ground pepper.  Try it!  It is delicious!


Yogi Weddings.  My friend, Erin, was married to her fiance, Ben, in this gorgeous, eclectic space.  I loved every unique detail of this transformed deck and was so excited and honored to celebrate the night with them.


Morning Jogs on the Beach. I haven't been much into jogging lately, since my love for yoga has really taken off.  But, my few days at the beach may have sparked my interest again.  The vastness of the shore line, gorgeous rising sun, and salty breeze have a way of putting things in perspective for me.  Wills and Tony spent some time together while my sister and I went for one jog, and then they took him out for breakfast while I savored a second morning jog a few days later.  Heaven.


An evening view with a glass of wine.  I could sit here forever.


My Bed.  While we were on vacation, Wills was not liking his pack-n-play.  He ended up sleeping with me, in a twin bed, for a small portion of each night.  Although we were sad to leave the beach, I was glad to see my bed and for him to return to his room and his crib.  I guess we need to start thinking about a toddler bed now that he seems to have outgrown his pack-n-play.


Gender Reveal Party.  More than the party itself, I am thrilled to know that I will be the aunt to Baby Maddi in November.  Looks like my mom, sister, and hubby were the only ones with the right hunch.


Summer Reading at the Library.  Wills is really into books these days, which I love.  We try to make it to story time once a week at our local library.


Pool Time with my boys.


Wall Street Journal Articles.  My dad is extremely thoughtful, and for as long as I can remember, goes out of his way to show us that he is thinking of us.  He has so many ways he does this, from calling to let us know our favorite things are on sale at the grocery store to texting when a music show or documentary Bill would be interested in is on TV.  But one of my favorite things he does, is cut out and save articles for us that he knows we would have an interest in.  Since becoming pretty savvy with his IPhone, he now emails me articles from The Wall Street Journal, which he reads every day.  I love this!  I don't even have to bother flipping through a newspaper or magazine for an article of interest; he just sends it to me.  I've learned so much and am enjoying reading about stay-at-home moms who plan conference trips to take a guilt-free vacation, financial planners who are turning to yoga when making big decisions with the market, children and health related issues, giving advice in a marriage, the perils of being a helicopter parent, etc.  I love waking up a few minutes before Wills, pouring a cup of coffee, reading my devotion, and opening my email to see what my dad has sent me to read.

Earth Science Face Products. Wills, William and I had a wonderful visit with one of my best friends, Christy.  It was so nice to have her in Georgia and spend time together.  Of course, Wills loved her!  While she was here, she introduced me to the skin care line she is using (she has flawless, beautiful skin) and I was immediately intrigued.  After trying her products and the the lotion, I bought some for myself.  I can already tell a difference in my skin!  I love that the products are all natural, vegan and use real ingredients such as almond, coconut, cucumber, and lavender.




Seersucker Pants.  My handsome little golfer in his summer seersucker.



Sorry for the lengthy post, but I'm thankful I have a lot to love and share! 

No comments:

Post a Comment