Thursday, July 18, 2013

Grilled Pizza

Seriously, I could live off of pizza.  I love experimenting with new flavors, fresh ingredients, and a variety of herbs.

I didn't get to celebrate my actual birthday with my parents, so we celebrated at Land's End a week late, with fresh, homemade pizza.  Since then, I've been doing my best to recreate this on my own, minus the grilled part.

My mom and I chatted, laughed at Wills, and sipped wine while she made the dough.


And this amazing Herbed Grill Oil from a pizza focused cookbook.  It was perfect and added so much to the overall flavor of the pizza.  Definitely recreating this all week forever.


Fresh basil and mozzarella.  Hand-picked tomatoes.  Mushrooms.  Italian Sausage.



The grilling of the crust is a little tricky (just ask my dad) but worth every second of frustration.



For the past two nights, I made herbed grill oil, spread it on a pesto foccacia bread from Fresh Market, and topped it with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil from my little garden.  A simple, delicious dinner.


Perhaps this weekend I can convince William to try this out on our grill.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment