Sunday, August 18, 2013

Wills Makes Pesto

Our basil was the only herb that survived the frequent travel, hot weather, and caterpillars that destroyed the dill and cilantro.


My first attempt at toasting pine nuts for fresh pesto was a huge fail.


Someone was not happy about this. That makes two of us.


I added more pine nuts to the grocery list and distracted Wills with strawberries.

Before our second attempt, Wills and I picked more basil together.  Plus, my sweet friend, Julia, graciously gave us some off of her plant.  Hers looked much better than ours, so I was glad to have it to add to the mix.


We LOVE the smell of fresh basil.


I set the timer, and the second pine nut attempt was a success.


We gathered our ingredients.


And added them to the food processor. (These measurements are approximates...2 cups of fresh basil, 1/3 cup of olive oil, 1/4 cup of pine nuts and 1/4 cup fresh shaved Parmesan, Himilayan sea salt to taste)




And then I remembered we forgot garlic.  I will be putting this back into the food processor later today and adding 2 cloves of garlic.  Oops.  It still tasted delicious.  But, by tonight, it will be perfect.

Thanks, Wills!  Mommy loves cooking with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment