Thursday, August 29, 2013

Salmon Salad and a Picnic in the Park

My friends in Charleston and Savannah rave about Whole Foods Market Wild Alaska Salmon and Avocado salad.  I decided to make it for lunch today.  I would have quickly run to the grocery store for the last three ingredients, capers, a freshly squeezed lemon, and red onion, but I promised William I would try to stay within our grocery budget and only shop once a week.  I'm not liking this agreement, but I am trying.

So, for now, this is what I used.  I improvised with the bottled lemon juice, and added a chopped roma tomato.  I used 2 tsp of olive oil mayo and 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.


All mixed together.  My fresh herb of choice was basil, of course.



Served with Fire Roasted Veggie crackers.  It was a perfectly simple, delicious, healthy lunch, and it kept me full for hours!


We met some friends for an afternoon/early evening picnic at the park.  This little boy was excited and insisted on wearing his daddy's filthy dirty Georgia Bulldogs hat.  I guess I can't complain.  We've been talking about them daily.


Our spread of grapes, carrots, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and broccoli (which I spelled incorrectly in my last post...oops) bites.  The broccoli bites were a huge success, by the way.  Especially when dipped in ketchup or ranch.




Wills shared his grapes with Mommy.


Two days until we are in Beaufort with my sister and Tony!  Bring on the tailgate party, salt air, sandcastles, golf-cart rides, boat drinks, guitar playing, and crabbing.  We can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment