Thursday, August 22, 2013

"What I ate Wednesday"

Thanks for all of the amazing feedback around my last weekend of teacher training post.  It means a lot.  I purposely didn't mention my goals around this blog.  I'll keep that one a secret, for now. ;)

Early Wednesday morning, I dropped Wills off with my parents.  I had an 8 am meeting, a date with my yoga mat (that fell through due to the meeting running a little long), and then I taught a Power60 class at Dancing Dogs Yoga.  I packed a granola bar and a banana but ended up eating breakfast at my parents.  My mom made me an egg sandwich on an English muffin.  I didn't take a picture, but here's my breakfast from Tuesday, just to have something to share.


I rushed home from yoga for a parent conference and snacked on a banana, peanut butter, and shredded coconut.


Lunch was my typical spring mix salad with strawberries, smoked almonds, blue cheese, and Brianna's All Natural strawberry blush dressing.  I also enjoyed Pretzel Crisps with this new, amazing Edamame Hummus with roasted red pepper and sesame.  Try it!  The ingredients are simple and it's full of protein, fiber and healthy fat.

Since William travels so often these days, grilling is not much of an option.  I guess I could learn, but I have no desire.  I don't bake chicken very often, simply because we usually grill, but I tried something new tonight.

Seems to be a repeating theme here...:)

I marinaded boneless chicken breasts in Italian dressing, placed them on a baking sheet, topped with mushrooms, and blue cheese crumbles and baked them on 350 degrees for 45 minutes.  They were so flavorful and delicious.  I will definitely be making this again.  Sweet potato fries and sauteed zucchini paired perfectly with the chicken.


Happy Wednesday!  Half-way through the work week!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment