Tuesday, December 6, 2011

All in a Cup

Wills, like his Mommy, is all smiles in the morning. His Daddy on the other hand...not much of a morning person. But, since Wills’ breakfast is happening closer to 7am these days, Daddy has taken over the morning feeding, and he’s doing a great job being chipper…or faking it. :)

These smiles make me giddy in the morning and make it oh so hard to walk out of the door.

But, if I have to leave my smiling, wide awake, bundle of joy, I should be able to treat myself to a cup of joy…right? Not to be mistaken, at $4 each, this is just an OCCASIONAL treat – at least until I open my Christmas stocking and find a gift card, or two. Santa knows what I like, and if I’m lucky, since he’s made an appearance and all, he reads my blog.

As cliché as it sounds, a Skinny Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks really is Christmas in a cup.


Instead of dreaming of sugarplum fairies, it makes me dream of a stroll through New York City, bundled up in boots and a cute scarf, stopping to watch the ice skaters outside of Rockefeller center, holding my husband’s hand, my coffee in the other hand, spending a weekend shopping at FAO Shwarz for my boy.

For now, instead of dwelling on the fact that I had to leave my boys, I will drink my coffee, dream about Christmas traditions, and look forward to 3 o’clock.


No comments:

Post a Comment