Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Stockings Were Hung...

Look whose stocking came in the mail?



The tree is finally decorated…after three days of hanging out naked in the stand. What can we say? We like au natural.

I love my eclectic tree of ornaments and lights. I know it’s not Southern Living or Cudos worthy with beautiful bows, white lights, and designer matching ornaments. But it’s mine. And it is full of love and memories. It is perfect for our home and nowhere else. It belongs here, and that means something to me.


For as long as I can remember, my mom has given us an ornament each year for Christmas. When I moved to Athens, she boxed up all of the ornaments she had given over the years, and gave them to me to put on my Christmas tree. It was so nice to already have meaningful ornaments for my very first Christmas tree. And lucky for us, the tradition continues…William gets an ornament every year, and now, hopefully Wills will get one too.

My new favorite ornament.

Wills loves the lights!


Off to curl up on the couch with my three boys and watch Love Actually, for the 3rd time in a month.

Have I mentioned that I LOVE Christmas? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment