Sunday, January 12, 2014

What I'm Loving

It's a new year with space for new loves.  Here are a few on the top of my list.

Salad for Dinner. I've said it before, but this is, hands down, the best salad I've ever eaten.  I crave it.  Who craves salad?  Seriously, it is that good.  I am really proud of William and his nutrition goals for the new year.  He is starting his mornings off with Shakeology rather than a diet coke and highly processed granola bar, and at least a few times a week we are making salads for dinner.  This beauty is made with spring mix, smoked almonds, blue cheese crumbles, strawberries, and red onion.  The dressing is Brianna's all natural strawberry blush.


This dish towel was in my stocking.  Love it!


Loving on my niece.  Another reason I am thankful for my online job.  I get to snuggle sweet Maddi whenever I want.


Rain Boots.  With all of this wet weather we've been having, these boots are perfect!  Wills is obsessed with them and tries to wear them to bed.  Thanks, Uncle Tone and Aunt Sissy!


This afternoon snack. I've been topping a slice of Ezekiel bread with Sunflower seed butter, honey, coconut and chia seeds.  Plus a warm cup of coffee.


Gourmet Olive Oil.  Our new favorite shop in Beaufort is called Olive the Above.  These two olive oils happened to be wrapped under my Christmas tree with a tag that said, "To Mom, From Mom." :)  We have been cooking with them almost every night and can't get enough.  Veggies, Grilled Chicken, Salads, Popcorn, Pizza.  It takes it all to a new level.


Giada's New Cookbook.  William must have been listening when he heard me say I really wanted this cookbook.  I opened it on Christmas morning and have been referring to it since.  I love how personal and authentic it comes across as to what Giada eats to fuel her body and maintain her health in a world of food. You will see quite a few of her recipes popping up here, soon.


Philosophy Skin Care.  One of my New Year's resolutions is to make a serious commitment to taking better care of my skin.  This is the year I turn 30, and I want to be pro-active about delaying as much aging as I can.  I am absolutely thrilled with these two products that have quickly become my nightly routine.  I've been waking up with softer, clearer, refreshed skin since I started using them.


These two.  Always these two.  

No comments:

Post a Comment