Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Breakfast Pudding

Dear Pioneer Woman, You will always be my first love in the kitchen, my go-to when I'm in need of impressing my family and friends who, growing up, gave me only the task of grating the cheese, and my kindred spirit in romancing your rugged cowboy....but, sometimes, I'm in need of something a little lighter, a little more day-to-day, just when it's me - no cowboys in sight.  Giada is perfect for this.  I'll see you Friday night, Pioneer Woman.  Don't you worry.  Love, Eve


Giada's Chia Seed Pudding is amazing and another way to get in those little nutrient dense specks of goodness.


Here's what I used.  Since I knew my cowboys would turn their noses, I tweaked the recipe for one.

1/4 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup almond milk, 1/8 cup chia seeds, dash of vanilla, grade b maple syrup, and sea salt.


I mixed it all together and placed it in the refrigerator overnight.


Topped the next morning with strawberries and chopped walnuts.


Don't be fooled; it's not cookies and cream ice-cream.  But it's almost as good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment