Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!


William and I took Wills to the Wesley pumpkin patch.  We picked out two pumpkins for the front steps.



We had our annual Halloween get together with the Brighams plus our families.  The evening consisted of chili cooking and eating, cake decorating, trick-or-treating, handing out very little candy due to the small number of trick-or-treaters we had, the Wicked Witch of the West, visiting with friends and family, and showing off our little pumpkin.



Aunt Sissy and Owen decorated the cookie cake.



The night ended with an inventory of the candy.  :)

One of my favorite things about life is holiday traditions.  Whether it's getting to choose "your" cake flavor on your birthday, a family trip to pick out the perfect Christmas tree, reading The Polar Express and The Christmas Story on Christmas Eve wearing your new pj's, watching the parade on Thanksgiving morning, football on New Year's, romantic Anniversary trips, or chili, red wine, and a great fire on Halloween, I get excited!  Traditions make me happy; they make me thankful for family and friends.  Traditions, to me, are memories made each year that bring so much joy, they are continued year after year.  For all that these memories mean to me, I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment