Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

I realize that lately all of my posts are a bit sappy.  I can't help it.  I'm pretty sentimental as is, but this motherhood experience has increased those emotions dramatically.  Warning: this post, a day after my third anniversary, won't be any different. :)

We all know September 25th is my new favorite day of the year.  But, November 8th is my other favorite day.  On November 8th, 2007, William asked me to marry him, and on November 8th, 2008, we said "I do."  Yesterday, we celebrated these years together.

It was a different type of celebration.  Most things are different these days, but not any less meaningful.  For the past few years, we've taken an anniversary trip.  This year we took a Christmas shopping and Chophouse trip. :)

I had big plans to take a lot of pictures...It's hard to even type, but the camera died just as I snapped the first picture of our seafood stuffed portabella mushrooms.  I was so sad.  William went and put the camera on the charger in the car, so we could get this one photo of the evening.  :(


I guess if I am going to keep up with this blog and record our "moondreams," I need to keep up with charging the camera.  Okay, moving on.

William and I enjoyed great conversation while browsing through a few shops, sipping Cabernet over dinner, and listening to music at French Market West.  We opted out of a movie for this purpose alone: conversation.  And it was so worth it!

Of couse, we talked about our ever changing moondreams.  :)

We also reminisced about the past three years of our marriage.  I asked William, what his Top Three moments were for the two of us. 

Guess what's at the top of the list? 

The day this little boy was born!


I replied and told him that was a no-brainer.  Wills is the best thing that has ever happened to us and not even in the same category as anything else.  What were his next Top Three?

His response (in no particular order) :

Number one.  The Bahamas for his 30th birthday and to make up for our honeymoon sickness.


Number 2.  Land's End. Period.

I made him explain.  He said every moment we've spent together at Land's End, with family, with friends, and by ourselves, is in his Top Three.  I'm so glad he loves it there as much as I do. 






And number three.  Our other two anniversary trips.  We spent one at Chateau Elan and one at Land's End. 

Of course, after he named these three memories, we went on to talk more and more and realized we've had so many "Top" moments in the past three years.  As we continued, we came to the conclusion that the big trips are wonderful get-aways, the concerts are a lot of fun, the once-a-year holidays are something we look forward to, but the little moments, are what make our marriage. 

We love cooking dinner together.  We love dancing in the living room.  I love when William brings home flowers, just because.  We love our morning coffee together.  We love our evening walks through the neighborhood talking about our day.  We love our lazy Sundays after church.  William loves playing music while I try to guess the song and artist.  And now we love hanging out with our baby boy listening to his sweet coos.  It's the simple, silly, daily moments that I'm thankful to share with this man. 

Happy Anniversary, William. 

Now, I think we will snuggle, drink hot chocolate, and watch a Christmas movie.  Another "Top" for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment