Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Mini Quiche

Mornings are my favorite, yet busiest time around here.

I usually have early meetings, William is trying to get out of the door by 8 am with his Shakeology and coffee in hand, and Wills is either off to MDO (which means I am scrambling to get him dressed and fed) or he is dumping toys from every basket and bucket I try so desperately to keep them organized inside.  He's a morning person, like his mommy, and full speed ahead from the time he lifts his head from the pillow.    

On another note, if I've learned one thing through this pregnancy, it's that I need protein for breakfast.  Sure, I have my English muffin or my Kashi waffle, but these days, I feel queasy if I don't add in eggs, a Greek yogurt, a few Tablespoons of peanut butter or a rather large glass of milk.  So I have both. :)

I'm loving having these crust-less, mini quiche to quickly heat up and enjoy on our busy mornings.  Plus, if you are watching your caloric intake they are only 150 or so calories each.  Light, flavorful, and full of protein. 

Here's what I used.  Any variety of veggies will work.  But the fresh basil makes it extra delish!


Mix 1/2 cup of milk and 6 eggs, plus Himalayan pink salt and pepper.  Be sure to spray the muffin tin with cooking spray and then fill 3/4 of the way.


Add in the veggies and cheese.  I used sharp cheddar.



 Bake on 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, rotating once inside the oven.



Immediately remove from the muffin tin.

Enjoy them over the next few days, or freeze them, individually, for a quick and easy breakfast to warm up while blending a shake for your hubby, putting socks and shoes on your child, and responding to work emails, all at the same time.  Embrace the busyness and cross "Healthy Breakfast" off of your list.

No comments:

Post a Comment