Saturday, May 24, 2014

Coffee Date

If we were having coffee together this morning,

I would tell you...

This little boy is pumped to be out of school for the summer.  But since we are having coffee and chatting, I would open up and let you know I'm a little anxious about it. I want to make sure his summer is full of fun play dates, endless crafts, pool splashing, sand castles, library books, ice cream, sprinkler fun, zoo trips, and everything else "good" moms do over summer break. I hope I can balance these expectations (or relax and let them go) with work and a busy schedule. Wish me luck. 

I would also tell you that I miss this face...and my sister's. One thing is for sure, Wills and I will be spending a lot of time in Beaufort this summer now that my whole family lives there.

If we were having coffee I would gush about how lucky I am to be serenaded by my boys and their guitars,

that this snack saves my afternoon hunger on a daily basis,

and that it's time for another haircut.

I would also tell you I'm missing my daily Shakeology but proud of my hubby for sticking with his. One thing is for sure, a 2 year old boy needs and requires a healthy, energetic dad 24/7.

If we were having coffee, I wouldn't be able to stay too long, because I would let you know it's William's birthday weekend, and although the cake is baked and the presents are wrapped, we are spending the day doing a few of his favorite things...drinking beer, spending time with friends, and listening to live music in the park. It's the Banjobque music festival weekend, and we are headed back out there today! 

And one more thing...

Since we might both be moms (because let's face it, moms sometimes have coffee with other moms, in an effort to feel normal in this crazy, amazing ride we call motherhood) I would insist you get this book right away. In fact, I would probably send you home with mine.

Some days...this is how I feel.

And I wouldn't change a thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment